ABS Tiles Ltd (trading as Porcelain Superstore) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will tell you how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We have provided this privacy notice with subheadings to make it easier to navigate and read. These subheadings are set out and linked to below.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7. DATA SECURITY
8. DATA RETENTION
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how ABS Tiles Limited (“Porcelain Superstore”) collects and processes your personal data, including any data you may provide through this website when you register on our website, buy products or services from us, or otherwise contact us. This notice also explains how Porcelain Superstore may use data about you that it receives from third parties.
This website is not intended for those under 18 years of age, and we assume that you are over 18 as that is the age at which you are legally able to enter into a contract.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
ABS Tiles Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data. The company may be called “Porcelain Superstore”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice. ABS Tiles Ltd is a company incorporated in England under company number 08920246. Our registered office is at Unit 7, Millbrook Industrial Estate, Floats Road, Manchester, M23 9WT.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: ABS Tiles Ltd
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address:Unit 7, Millbrook Industrial Estate, Floats Road, Manchester, M23 9WT
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND KEEPING YOUR DATA UP TO DATE
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but the law does not consider it personal data because this data does not reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
If we need to collect personal data to be able to fulfil a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract. In that case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enquire about or purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
Third parties or publicly available sources.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers based inside or outside the EU;
- advertising networks based inside or outside the EU;
- search information providers inside or outside the EU;
- hosting services inside or outside the EU
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Epsilon Abacus.
Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data:
- where we need to in order to perform a contract between you and us (such as fulfilling your order).
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We explain more about the lawful basis for using your data in the table below.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than if a third party collects consent on our behalf for us to send email marketing communications to you. You have the right to opt out from receiving marketing materials at any time by Contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what products, services and offers may be of interest to you. This is part of our marketing strategy.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotional discount and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
If you do not want to receive promotional offers from us, you can opt out at any time. See OPTING OUT below.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by Contacting Us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact Us at email@example.com
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- service providers (acting as processors) based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services;
- delivery partners (who may be acting as joint processors or controllers) based in the United Kingdom who provide delivery services;
- professional advisers (who may be acting as processors or joint controllers) including lawyers, bankers, accountants and insurers based the United Kingdom who provide legal, banking, accounting, insurance or other consultancy services;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, courts and other authorities (who may be acting as processors or joint controllers) based in the United Kingdom;
- Yotpo (for the collection of customer reviews);
- Klaviyo (our e-mail platform);
- Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram (for marketing and advertising purposes);
- Shopify (our order management platform);
- Brightpearl (our CRM platform);
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
In accordance with our legitimate interest, we may share your name, address and purchase history (but never your email address) with carefully selected third parties whose products or services we think you might be interested in, either directly or through a data co-operative.
Data Co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their customers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products. We are unable to provide an exact list of the participating companies as they change all the time, but they are all in the clothing, collectibles, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, home interiors sectors.
If you do not want us to share your details with third parties for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by getting in touch at Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Profiling. We may use data profiling in order to better tailor our communications to you. In this way, you can be kept abreast of relevant information and products that we believe you may be interested in, based on your prior order history. If you object to this profiling, please Contact Us at email@example.com.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your personal data may be transferred to recipients located outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that all such transfers take place in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, including by entering into data transfer agreements with recipients where necessary. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transferred, please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access that data for business purposes. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. KEEPING DATA
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: please Contact Us.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that you cannot be identified) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you for research or statistical purposes.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of some or all of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below) or where we may have processed your information unlawfully. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it has an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object if we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact Us at email@example.com
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee where permitted by law if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anybody who does not have a right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all valid requests within the period required by applicable law. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's ID. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
If you disable these cookies, you may be able to still browse the site, however you may not be able to make purchases or take advantage of other features. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply. For more information about cookies you can visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
2. WHAT DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Necessary cookies - These cookies allow you to use the basic functionality of our website. They, for example, allow you to navigate our website, add items to a shopping bag and make a purchase.
Performance cookies - They allow us to measure and analyse how users navigate our website and respond to marketing campaigns. We also use this information to help improve our website, make our marketing more relevant and improve the user experience.
Functionality cookies - They allow us to provide additional functionalities to the website, and will retain some settings information. Whilst not essential for the functionality of our site, they do enable extra features that should improve your shopping experience.
3. LIST OF COOKIES
- Google Analytics - Performance - Google cookies allow us to use Google Analytics to measure web performance and advertising.
- Segment - Performance - Allows us to add 3rd party functionality to the site.
- Yotpo - Functionality - These cookies allow us to collect and show reviews of our product and service on our website.
- Klaviyo - Functionality - Klaviyo allows us to send emails about orders, offers and updates to you.
- Google Adwords - Targeting - These cookies allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help us make Porcelain Superstore more relevant to you.
- Facebook - Targeting - These cookies allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help us make Porcelain Superstore more relevant to you.
- Pinterest - Targeting - These cookies allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help us make Porcelain Superstore more relevant to you.
- Twitter - Targeting - These cookies allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our adverts and marketing on websites, to help us make Porcelain Superstore more relevant to you.